OMA Exchange is a secure, web-based community portal that fosters and encourages a sense of community with OMA members. The website was created to promote a positive exchange of ideas and discussion on issues that are important to members. Constituency groups are able to create private, self-moderated communities to talk about issues of importance in their professional lives.
- Two different views of the home page: A “Trending” view where articles are arranged by popularity, and a “Newest” view with articles sorted by recency.
- Store preference to preserve whatever view the user chooses for their default view.
- View, save, recommend and comment on articles of your preference.
- Post articles once approved by Moderators.
- Search articles as well as members who have already posted content.
- Follow members so you are aware of all articles posted by that member.
- View an author’s profile.
To Sign In to an Available Group:
To Create a Group:
Physician Leaders of any Section, District or other Constituency Groups are encouraged to contact the OMA Response Centre at 1.800.268.7215 or email@example.com to learn about all steps required to create groups in the OMA Exchange website. The OMA Response Centre will engage the Digital Media team to work with Physician Leaders to discuss content strategy, selecting and training a moderator and timelines.
When your OMA Exchange group is set up, you will be able to join conversations with other members from your group by using the OMA credentials (the same identification members use to access the OMA.org website, mobile app and My Account).
If your community is already set up then start joining conversations with other members from your group by simply signing in to OMA Exchange
with your OMA credentials.