The Ontario Medical Association has launched a new Physician Leadership Development opportunity for Members beginning November 2018. The program works with Joule’s Physician Leadership Institute to offer Members leadership training along identified learning pathways.
Value of a Learning Path:
Provides guidance and confidence to the learner - they will develop a suite of competencies that will fill a specific skill, ability or knowledge gap.
Creates clear vision of the learning experience, expectations of content and duration for the learner.
Creates learner engagement and commitment to a long term strategy.
Completion of five PLI courses can be applied towards the new Physician Leadership Institute certificate
Who Should Apply
Applications for the 2018/2019 courses are now closed
- You are committed to the time required for the learning pathway – 4 in-person seminars held at the OMA office in Toronto and 1 remote course (see courses for dates).
- You are currently involved in or envision additional leadership roles for yourself.
- You are seen as an existing or emerging leader with an aptitude for evolved responsibility, influence and impact.
- You see great opportunity in our current health system, stakeholders and the public for system renewal and improvement.
- You are committed to learning in a group setting and see value in peer learning communities.
Learning pathways have been developed for Early Career and Advanced Career Leaders, to help you in choosing your pathway please refer to the guidelines below. The OMA will be offering 2 streams of Early Career Leader learners to maximum of 30 members per stream and 1 stream of Advanced Career Leader learners to a maximum of 30 members.
Early Career Leader
- Members with no or limited leadership experience and/or;
- Members who have recently entered leadership roles and/or;
- Members who have no previous experience in leadership development training
Advanced Career Leader
- Members who have held leadership roles and/or;
- Members with demonstrated leadership skills and/or;
- Members who have previously completed leadership development training
Members who are selected for the Physician Leadership Development program will be required to provide a personal co-payment of $3300. This represents a significant savings to Members over individual registration to the courses. The OMA will reimburse most additional costs incurred in attending the program including travel and accommodation.
Contact us at Physician.Leadership@oma.org to find out more.