Engaging others – online course
Master the art and science of leading change.
This core* course addresses what it means to be engaged, and how to engage people by tapping into their individual potential. By focusing on core skills and practical tools, it will show you how to engage people in your organization and beyond. It’s a pragmatic approach which may be particularly useful when you need cooperation from people outside your usual sphere of influence.
To get the most out of the course, you’ll be asked to complete an online leadership assessment tool, called Work Engagement Profile®,. For the face-to-face version, we also recommend you purchase Strengths Based Leadership by Tom Rath and Barry Conchie, and complete the online StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment to receive your personalized Strengths Based Leadership Guide.
At the end of this PLI course, you will be able to:
- Define engagement and assess your own (and others’) engagement in the workplace
- Describe a strengths-based approach to building engagement Discuss strategies for motivating others and building trust Distinguish dialogue from other forms of discourse
- Practice: powerful listening approaches to discover common ground and mutual insight
- Prepare the steps required for providing constructive feedback
- Describe the major principles behind coaching
- Apply a framework for facilitating a high-performing team (Face-to-face course version)
Online Course date:
Cohort 1 - January 7 to February 17, 2019 - webinar
Cohort 2 - January 14 to February 24, 2019 - webinar
6 weeks per course
Maximum class size:
Paul Mohapel – Cohort 1
Monica Olsen – Cohort 2