Master the art and science of leading change.
Change is relentless in health care and physicians are its natural leaders. This core* course will help you master the art and science of leading change, by teaching you how to develop strategies for motivating, implementing and sustaining it. You’ll gain a real understanding of your leadership style, the art and science of change, and what it takes to successfully lead it. You’ll learn how to overcome opposition to change — both internal and external — and how to put change management theory into practice.
The course structure includes discussion of real issues facing your health care organization and time to practice techniques in team exercises. Some of the topics covered include creating a resilient work environment, anticipating and learning from failure, dealing with the impact of change and how to build a shared vision and commitment to act.
At the end of this PLI course, you will be able to:
- Develop and apply a systematic approach to analyzing and addressing change challenges and opportunities
- Identify organizational design impediments and enablers to change and to influence organizational culture
- Apply tactics to minimize resistance and influence stakeholders
- Identify networks of relationships and discuss how to build and maintain partnerships when leading change
- Anticipate, accept, and learn from failure as part of leading change
- Reflect on your leadership style and develop the ability for resilience in leading change
- Cohort 1 - May 10-11, 2019 - Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville Hotel, 220 Bloor Street West, 2nd floor, Meeting facility area.
- Cohort 2 - May 22-23, 2019 - Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville Hotel, 220 Bloor Street West, 2nd floor, Meeting facility area
2 days per course
Maximum class size: