Self-awareness and effective leadership
To lead others, you must first know yourself.
Self-awareness is having a strong sense of self, and knowing what your strengths and weaknesses are. This core* course promotes greater self-awareness as you learn to examine your values and principles, thinking patterns, assumptions and emotional skills, as well as your strengths and limitations.
The course uses a variety of tools and techniques to help you develop the self-awareness you need to be an effective leader.
At the end of this PLI course, you will be able to:
- Explore the complexity of roles, values, challenges and satisfactions of physician leadership
- Interpret your emotional intelligence strengths and areas for development
- Discuss the relevance of your personal effectiveness profile for your role as a leader
- Develop communication strategies for adapting and connecting with others
- Discuss techniques for self-management that enhance well-being
- Create a professional development action plan for your leadership practice
Leadership assessment tools:
Because self-awareness is important to a leader, this course provides access to the online leadership assessment tool Insights® Discovery® Personal Profile, as well as the emotional intelligence assessment tool MHS Bar-On Workplace EQ-i™ Report, both of which participants will have completed before the workshop.
- Cohort 1 - March 27-28, 2019 – OMA, Tupper dinning room
- Cohort 2 - March 29-30, 2019 – OMA, Tupper dinning room
Maximum class size: