Ways to give
Donations are made in several ways:
- During dues renewal
- Honoraria deferral (the OMA Honoraria Form includes a section for donations to the foundation)
You can become an ambassador of the OMF by raising awareness and promoting the mandate and values of this unique, physician-driven foundation.
Establish a named bursary
OMSBF named bursaries are bursaries that an individual or group establishes to commemorate a physician’s achievements, in memory of a colleague or relative, to support a student pursuing a specific specialty, or for students from a certain area of the province.
A planned or legacy gift is a gift you commit to today that is realized in the future. Legacy gifts are easy to arrange and can offer many attractive benefits such as:
- Fulfilling your charitable goals and achieving the best tax savings possible
- Strengthening the long-term financial security of the OMF, and providing support for future medical professionals
- Allowing you to make a larger contribution through your estate than you might not have otherwise been able to give in your lifetime
Other ways to give
- Wills and bequests
- Life insurance
- RRSPs and RRIFs
- Charitable trusts
We recommend working directly with your lawyer or financial adviser to arrange a bequest. Please contact us if you would like an OMF representative to participate in setting up a bequest.
“Bursaries such as this one truly touch the lives of all recipients. I hope that this bursary continues to receive engagement and support years into the future. In addition, I hope we see increasing numbers of Black medical students in future cohorts that will thus be eligible to apply for such support.”
– 2020-2021 named bursary recipient