The OMA is a top employer
The OMA has been named one of the Greater Toronto’s Top 2021 Employers in The Globe and Mail.
The OMA is recognized for its forward-thinking workplace polices that include:
- top-up payments to 75 per cent of salary for 17 weeks for new mothers
- parental top-ups for fathers and adoptive parents to 75 per cent of salary for eight weeks
- a psychologist benefit of up to $3000 and participation in Mental Health Week
- career development with tuition subsidies and career planning services that include in-house and online training
The OMA’s progressive approach to hiring and advancement is reflected in the 61 per cent of management positions that are held by women.
A meaningful career
OMA employees include professionals in the fields of administration, practice management, finance, health policy, legal services, economics, technology, insurance, medical services, physician health, public affairs and communications.
What do all of these roles have in common? A shared mission. Advocate for and support doctors, and strengthen the leadership role of doctors in caring for patients.
If you’re looking for a career that can have a direct impact on the health of Ontarians, join us in supporting the over 40,000 physicians, residents and medical students who make up our membership.
Who we are
We are guided by our Core Values:
- Respectful – We treat everyone with dignity, and value diverse experiences and perspectives.
- Innovative – We seek opportunities to be creative and explore future possibilities.
- Bold – We courageously pursue best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
- Responsive – We listen to understand and connect.
- Transparent – We are genuine and candid in our interactions, and we hold ourselves accountable.
These core values are more than just buzzwords to us. They are at the heart of our work, and determine how we achieve organizational goals. The video below features our CEO Allan O’Dette speaking about how our Mission, Vision and Values contribute to our success as an organization.
Focus on our members
Our members are why we show up to work every day.
Our staff supports over 40,000 physicians, residents and medical students in Ontario. While some roles at the OMA are more member-facing than others, we believe that all of us influence the member experience; whether we are providing support directly to members, designing a product that a member will use or helping a teammate who is serving a member.
For us, excellent service means ensuring that every touch point meets our members’ needs in an easy, fast and caring manner through one unified voice.
Every year the OMA launches a public campaign to recognize the extraordinary contributions of Ontario's doctors around Doctors’ Day. Part of our annual tradition includes inviting members to speak directly with OMA employees about their work. We value the strong connections that have been forged between staff and our members.
Benefits and staff appreciation
The OMA offers competitive compensation and benefits program. We continually look at our benefits through a holistic lens, aligning them with both our desired culture and industry standards. Our programs meet the varied needs of our employees, and includes:
- Health & Dental, including prescription drug plan
- Flex Spending Amount
- Pension plan
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Employee/family assistance programs
- Suite of mental health programs and resources
We take time to reflect and appreciate the work done by our dedicated teams. We recognize employee achievements and career milestones and always look for opportunities to celebrate the ways our colleagues are living the core values.
Learning & development
At the OMA we believe in being a learning organization, and value lifelong learning. Education and continuous professional and personal growth are at the heart of our talent management strategy.
The Learning & Development team work closely with staff at all levels to create learning plans and experiences to help individuals deepen their knowledge and expand their learning. Staff enjoy access to on-site programs that support leadership development, communication, acquisition of specialized skills in technology and other facets of business acumen. Personal and professional development is encouraged through educational support for education related to current and future roles within the organization. These are further encouraged as part of our Performance Management Program. The OMA proudly supports qualified employees wishing to pursue higher education through a Tuition Reimbursement Program. From the first stages of onboarding, we encourage professional development throughout the employee life cycle.
OMA staff look for opportunities and are supported in contributing to community initiatives. Recent examples include:
- Annual Winter Clothing Drive - Each year we collect new or gently used winter clothing donated by staff in support of those served by a local community organization, ensuring that these items get to those who need them most.
- Heart & Stroke Big Bike Ride – This fundraiser supports lifesaving research that’s saving lives and supporting heart disease and stroke survivors and their families. In 2019, the OMA team raised over $5,000 for the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
- Supporting Children’s Literacy – As part of the 2018 staff Holiday event, over 400 new or gently used children’s books were donated by staff members across the organization! The books were delivered to the Children's Book Bank, a community organization in Toronto’s East end.
Visit our Job Postings page to browse available positions and apply online.
The Ontario Medical Association is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.