Director of Development
Ontario Medical Foundation
Director of Development
Ontario Medical Foundation
Are you looking to expand your skills and be part of an organization that is committed to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles of Humility, Accountability, Collaboration, Courage, and Integrity? Do you hold high the values of being respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent? Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers? Then join the Ontario Medical Association’s Ontario Medical Foundation (OMF) department.
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
The Ontario Medical Foundation (OMF) is the philanthropic arm of the OMA and is committed to improving the health of all Ontarians. Through the work of the OMF, we will bring together physicians, citizens of Ontario, and corporate partners to transform Ontario’s health care system, particularly for those in need. The OMF is primarily focused on social determinants such as access to services, gender, and racism, among others, and how they affect individual and community health.
You will set and achieve fundraising goals, maintain knowledge of fundraisers' interests, and cultivate relationships with donors, association members, and fellow employees. You will also ensure a strong public profile through events and communications.
You will keep donors informed on how their philanthropy is making a significant difference. You are a self-motived, deadline-driven multitasker, with a keen eye on accountability and knowing how to ask for donations and leverage your board and the OMA in raising funds.
There is an opportunity for this role to evolve as the strategic plan is implemented. You will implement the established 1–2 year strategic goals and have an opportunity to work with the OMF board of directors to develop and implement a 3-5 year framework with strategic objectives and corresponding outcomes measures, as the organization is expected to grow with size and impact.
You will make a difference by
- Leading the development of the strategic planning process
- Understanding and leading in the development of key new revenue streams, including Corporate, Major Gifts, Foundations, Planned Giving, and Peer-to-Peer, in alignment with OMF goals and priorities
- Improving structural processes, policies, data management, metrics, cultivation and stewardship matrices
- Obtaining financial support (corporate partnerships/donations) from individuals and organizations
- Acting as an advisor to the Board and subsequent committees on the scope and role of fundraising as it fits within clear governing principles
- Acting as lead on the Strategic Fundraising Plan and the subsequent working plan that supports the strategy
- Developing current progress reports for submission to the Board. These reports are itemized according to key performance indicators that have been agreed to by the OMF Board of Directors
- Maintaining relationships with existing sponsors, donors, partners, and key stakeholders, as identified in a prospect outreach strategy
- Managing fundraising and special events
- Generating development materials, such as grants and case statements
- Managing the implementation of development software
- Managing staff responsible for event planning, data entry and gift processing
- Working collaboratively with OMA departments that provide support to the OMF
Requirements that are important to us
- Passionate and supportive of the OMF Mission
- Strong understanding of Federal regulations for charitable organizations
- 5+ years major donor fundraising experience
- Degree in business, non-profit management, or related field
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) preferred
- Proficient with sponsorship solicitation
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications and CRMs
- Skillful with social media platforms
- Excellent understanding of relevant best practices
- Outstanding communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Able to travel, work weekends, and evenings, when required; valid driver’s license required
- What Do We Have to Offer You?
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA
- Paid professional development and continuous in-house learning
- Friendly and dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package, including a spending account and a robust wellness program
- Work with one of Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers
The Ontario Medical Association is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.